Monday, November 20, 2006

Get the Beat


This painting was created using a technique that employs such mundane household supplies such as plastic wrap, wax paper, aluminum foil and bubble wrap. It's easy to identify the marks made by the bubble wrap but the effects made by the others is more subtle. I started by laying down my favorite colors in a random pattern and used the wrapping material to make abstract impressions. When I studied the results I realized it looked like a dancing girl so I added other dancers and some musical notes. It shakes, it moves, it's alive!

Watercolor 22x28 @150
contact sferina222@yahoo.com Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

mikemost said...

a definite stray from the norm on your work. I enjoyed reading the complexity behind what appears to be a very unique, yet simple painting. I hear jazz.