Monday, October 01, 2018

Amber Waves of Grain


I feel like I channeled one of the Impressionist painters to create this watercolor!  A desire to clean out my rather disorganized makeup drawer brought to my attention a large, fluffy brush.  The kind used to apply face powder.  It made me start wondering what would happen if I used this brush to paint??  So, naturally, always open to a challenge, I did just that. This painting is the result.  I had absolutely no control over what happened since the fullness and soft bristles gave me almost no options.  You know what?  I love it!  It immediately spoke to me about the golden wheat fields in the center of our beautiful  America. I added a flock of birds giving it a focal point and a lovely finish.

1 comment:

jackieh said...

Wow! Beautiful!