Sunday, August 18, 2013

Profusion

 
Posted by Picasa
Once again I used an array of items and some juicy paint to create a start.  I am intrigued by this method and find it is fun to prepare and then face the unknown, the impressions that are formed.  It takes some contemplation, musing over whether it has possibilities to be this or that.  I use chalk to try out shapes because it can be wiped off the paper if necessary.  First I saw the small square vase and decided to wing it and used black acrylic paint to outline it.  Then I noticed the larger container and chose to outline it even though it was not level.  From there I started to see things and kept going, outlining, filling in, using iridescent paints and gel medium to accent certain areas.  It's winner, received 3rd prize in watercolor at a show at the Lighthouse Gallery in Tequesta.

No comments: