Saturday, August 17, 2013

Flowers Fruit and Tea



Following my newly discovered way of creating a painting I placed a collection of various items on my watercolor paper in a random pattern.  Some were found as I ran for exercise and others I had on hand like string, thread, gauze and packing materials.  Using spray bottles of watercolor paint I then saturate some areas and leave others dry.  This overspray creates interesting patterns that frame the center of interest nicely.  After the paint dries the impression items are removed to see the image underneath.  Then I study the paper carefully, hoping for some inspiration.  This one said 'teapot' so I used my oiler-boiler to outline it and from there found tea, a sugar and creamer, bowl of fruit, teacup, flowers and so on.  I really enjoy starting with the unknown and being challenged to discover the known.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: