Saturday, August 17, 2013

Gunda's Gift



Sometimes the nicest things happen, things you don't expect.  One of my students, Gunda, a resident of Germany has been fortunate enough in the past to spend several winter months here in Florida every year.  She recently sold her home here in the US and doesn't know when she will be able to return, if ever.  Gunda arrived at class with a huge bouquet of flowers for me as a thank you.  She couldn't stay, had just stopped by to say good-bye.  Fortuitiously our lesson that day was to paint flowers on yupo paper.  I made a quick decision to paint this lovely bouquet during class.  My intention was to present the painting to Gunda as a going away gift, a reminder of our class.  She was delighted and told me she plans on hanging it in her bedroom in Germany.  This was a very pleasing experience.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: